Frequently Asked Questions: WordPress Cloud Hosting
WHAT IS WORDPRESS?
WordPress is a blog and web-publishing platform that’s not only easy to use, but recognized the world over as a standard in website creation. With its focus on aesthetics, web standards and usability, WordPress is an open-source platform that lets you manage everything from a small personal blog to a large commercial site with hundreds of pages. Millions of sites trust their online presence to WordPress – and with Maintenancer, you can too.
WHAT IS WORDPRESS CLOUD HOSTING?
Built on enterprise level hardware, custom cloud architectures, performance optimisations software, our WordPress Cloud Hosting is the perfect solution for anyone who wants the power and simplicity of WordPress without the hassle of constant updates and technical adjustments.
We’ve also modified our servers specifically for WordPress, giving you a level of speed and security you can’t get from a standard web hosting plan.
Our award-winning support is available 24×7 to help with any questions you may have. In short, there’s no easier way to build and manage a fast, secure, reliable WordPress website or blog.
DO I NEED TO SET UP MY DATABASE?
No. The process is as easy as possible for you. Once can easily install your WordPress with just a few clicks or ask one of our support experts to do it for you.
I HAVE A WORDPRESS SITE HOSTED SOMEWHERE ELSE, CAN I MOVE IT HERE?
Yes. You can migrate your site over to our hosting by creating a backup and uploading it to your account. You can also move your domain name. If you need help with the transfer, our support team is here for you.
HOW DOES WEB HOSTING WORK?
Once you purchase a Web hosting plan, we store your site on one of our servers and assigns it a unique DNS. The DNS serves as the address that allows people around the world to find and view your website. This unique address is required in order for people to view your site.
By purchasing a website hosting package, you’re basically buying space on one of our servers. It’s similar to the space on a computer’s hard drive, but the server allows your website’s files to be accessed from anywhere. For more information, visit our Web Hosting product support page.
HOW CAN I BUILD MY WEBSITE ?
Our plans give you access to free, server-side applications that can be used to develop and customize your site, including the most popular Content Management System (CMS), WordPress.
You can install a new WordPress instance on your domain with just a few clicks from your Control Panel. If you need help with that, our support team is always available.
WILL MY WEBSITE LOAD FASTER?
Our Managed Site plans include an ongoing optimisation process that reduce loading to 2-3 seconds, depending on your websites was built. Pages that don’t include large images or videos can load under 2 seconds when loaded through CDN.
Besides making visitors happy, having a website that loads quickly is good for business. In fact, Strange Loop has stated that just “a one second delay can cost you 7 percent of sales.”
DO YOU OFFER A MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE?
Yes. You can request a full refund for annual plans within 30 days of purchase and within 48 hours of purchase for monthly plans.
WHAT ARE YOUR SERVICE HOURS AND WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
Our business is distributed in more locations:
- 5800 S. Eastern Ave, Suite 500, Los Angeles, California, USA
- 44 Sunleigh Road, London, United Kingdom
- Blvd. Tudor Vladimirescu nr 22, Sector 5, București, Romania
Frequently Asked Questions: Websites (Ready Made)
What is: Maintenancer - Websites ?
Maintenancer Websites is a Managed WordPress Hosting service. It combines some of the best selling themes world wide with hosting, technical support and theme set up, all at a low cost.
What is included in: Websites Set-up
After you subscribe to a Websites plan, our support team will install for you everything needed to have a site up and running:
- WordPress Installation
- Configure automated updates for security purposes
- Load the theme’s demo content or any one of your theme’s Pre-Made Designs
- Add your logo
- Add or remove sections from the homepage layout & menu
- Change text and images in the homepage slider if there is one
- Add up to 10 top-level links in your navigation menu linking to the theme pages you’d like to use.
- Configure your desired look for blog/archives based on any of the demo layouts (includes hiding of author, date, etc)
- Setup your sidebars and footer if needed
For more advanced procedures, please consider a Fully Managed plan
How does it work ?
After you subscribe to a Websites plan, our support team will install for you everything needed to have a site up and running.
- You subscribe to our Website plans
- You send us your completed request via contact form
- We configure your domain name if you registered a new one or contact you with info regarding existing domains transfer.
- We’ll confirm receipt and let you know if there is anything else we need.
- We begin working on the request as soon as we can, usually within 48 hours.
- Setup is typically completed the same day we start if you have provided us a complete worksheet.
- We’ll get in touch via your ticket to let you know your site is ready for you begin personalizing and provide you with some next steps.
Ready to get started?
Great! We just need a little information about you and your website to begin. Please copy and paste this questionairre into the body of the linked request form below (please do not send us Word documents for security reasons)
- Your website name
- Do you have an existing site we can visit? If yes, URL___
- Which Template or demo site design would you like to start from?
- Your Logo (may link or attach a transparent PNG file)
- Your color scheme (please choose at least two colors and provide the hex codes – we can only change them for you once! Online Color Picker)
- What pages do you want in your main menu? (You may list up to 10 top-level links for horizontal menus)
- Which template or layout from the demo do you want to use on each of these pages? (If you like the layouts used on the demo, simply indicate “same as demo”)
- Do you want the text changed in the homepage slider? If so, describe here:
- Do you need us to change the image or colors? If so, please attach or link to the image and describe here:
- Do you want elements removed from the homepage? If Yes, describe here:
- Do you want a section added to the homepage? If yes, please provide reference to the demo showing the element to add, or describe in detail here: (example: remove testimonials, add blog grid)
- What would you like in your sidebar (displayed on posts)
- What would you like in your footer?
Let us know if you need specific tweaks such as hiding the date on your blog posts, setting a different header layout such as centering the logo, or enabling a search icon in your menu, etc. Note that if you need functionality that falls outside of your theme’s capabilities, we will refer to you to check out one of our Envato Studio freelancers or offer an alternative solution.
Frequently Asked Questions: WordPress Managed Site
WHAT KIND OF TASKS DO YOU DO ?
Content updates, create pages and posts, create and configure slideshows, web-forms, small design changes trough the theme console or directly into CSS/HTML/JS files and a lot more.
Usually anything that has to do with websites. We like to think that anything is possible, just ask.
Additionally you can look at our Services Catalog to learn more about what kind of services are covered
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF WP MANAGED SITE?
Security, flexibility, peace of mind. Knowing that you have a WordPress expert available anytime to help you with your website needs, takes a load of stress off your shoulders. Not to mention it’ll save you a ton of time.
WHAT IS WORDPRESS MANAGED SITE?
We are offering a subscription-based service, available 24/7/365, that provides assistance, management or fixes for WordPress-related sites that come up at a moment’s notice.
HOW MANY WEBSITES/DOMAINS CAN I COVER WITH YOUR SERVICE?
All websites hosted on your Maintenancer.com account
IS THERE A MINIMUM PERIOD ?
There is no minimum period required. You can cancel or change your plan anytime you want.
MY WEBSITE IS ALREADY HACKED, CAN YOU CLEAN IT ?
Yes. All plans cover malware removal and antivirus. However, it is possible that your site might severely affected and irrecuperable. We will need to check it to be sure.
I ALREADY HAVE HOSTING, DO I NEED TO MOVE ?
Moving to Maintenancer is easy and painless. Our team can easily transfer your website to our servers. It is recommended to move, for best performance.
HOW WILL WE COMMUNICATE ?
We use a professional ticketing software for managing and prioritising our tasks. Everybody in our team knows what has to be done and you can keep track. We can receive your requests by email or directly trough our ticketing app.
CAN I REQUEST A FULL RETURN ?
Yes! You can request a 100% return for unused credits. If you purchased a one year plan you can request the return in the first 2 months after payment confirmed.
CAN I BUY MORE CREDITS IF I NEED THEM?
We will automatically add additional credits to your invoice if this is needed. You will be notified prior to that.
DO MY CREDITS ROLL OVER TO THE NEXT MONTH?
No. All credits must be used within the billing cycle.
CAN I CHANGE BETWEEN PLANS ?
Sure! Change between these plans anytime you like. By changing your plan to a higher one you will only play the difference. When changing to a lower plan you will get a refund on the difference if you haven’t used credits.