- The e-mail address of Registered Users of Maintenancer.com services;
- The e-mail addresses of Registered Users who post messages to our forum, communicate with us via e-mail, and/or make postings to our chat areas; Aggregate information on what pages Registered Users access or visit; Registered User-specific information on what pages Registered Users access or visit; and Personal information may also be collected if you leave comments or other communications on the Site.
- Store Registered User’s preferences;
- Record session information, such as items that visitors and Registered Users add to their shopping cart;
- Record Registered User-specific information on what pages Registered Users access or visit;
- Alert Registered Users to new areas that we think might be of interest to them when they return to our site;
- Record past activity at a site in order to provide better service when visitors and Registered Users return to our site; and
- Deliver advertising targeted to your interests and ensure that visitors and Registered Users are not repeatedly served the same messages or offers.
- Third party vendors, including Google, show your ads on sites on the internet.
A cookie is a small amount of data, often including an anonymous unique identifier, which is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Most browsers automatically accept cookies as the default setting. You can modify the setting to reject cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the sites you visit by editing browser options. However, if a browser is set not to accept cookies or if a user rejects a cookie, some portions of the Site and the service may not function properly. For example, you may not be able to sign in and may not be able to access certain Site features or services. In general, we use personal information we collect to process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products or services we think will be of interest to you, to facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Site, newsletters and for the purpose for which the information was provided. We may also use the personal information we collect to improve the content of our Web page and to customize the advertising and the content and/or layout of our page for our visitors and individual Registered Users. We also use this information to notify Registered Users about updates to our Web site, and to contact Registered Users for marketing purposes. We will not share the personal information we collect from you through the Site with any other company except as provided in this Policy, as it may be revised form time to time. We reserve the right to disclose or transfer such information to a third party (a) if you request us to do so or we otherwise have your consent, (b) if we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or with legal process or authorities, respond to any claims, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Maintenancer.com Site, our users, our employees or the public, including without limitation to protect Maintenancer.com or our users or the public from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate or unlawful use of our Site, (c) if we believe in good faith that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person, or other irreparable injury, including economic interests of Maintenancer.com or a third party, requires disclosure of the information, and (d) in connection with an acquisition, merger, or sale of all or a substantial portion of our business. We may also share personal information with vendors, consultants and other service providers (“Service Providers”) who are engaged by or working with us in connection with the operation of the Site or the Services and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us. In some cases, the Service Provider may be directly collecting the information from you on our behalf. We may also share personal information with other third parties when you request that we do so or otherwise give us your express or implied consent. We are not responsible for the actions of Service Providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to these Service Providers or other third parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to them. Note that nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregate information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent. We use reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized release of or access to your personal data. However, we cannot guarantee that your information will not be disclosed or accessed by accidental circumstances or by the unauthorized acts of others. If Maintenancer.com learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Maintenancer.com may also post a notice on the Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach, you should notify us at [email protected] We will communicate with you via email. Maintenancer.com intends to send regular email updates and occasional promotional offers that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of these mailings at any time. If you do not want to receive marketing and promotional e-mails from us in the future, please let us know by sending us an e-mail to [email protected] or follow the unsubscribe instructions that are included in each email communication. This will not prevent us from sending you operational, account related or other non-marketing emails.
• What is a cookie?
• What are session and persistent cookies?
• Do any of the cookies that Maintenancer.com use contain my personal details?
• How can I change my preferences, delete or opt-out of cookies?
• Will the site work if I disable cookies?
• How long will cookies last for?
• Why does the message explaining cookies keep appearing?
• How can you disable cookies in your browser?
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small snippet of text that a website asks your browser to store. All cookies have expiration dates in them that determine how long they stay in your browser. Cookies can be removed in two ways: automatically, when they expire, or when you manually delete them. We’ve included more details below to help you understand what kinds of cookies we use.
Yes, with the main objective to make our website work more effectively.
What are session and persistent cookies?
• Session cookies – these are temporary cookies that expire (and are automatically erased) whenever you close your browser. An example of how we use session cookies is to grant access to content and enable commenting (things you have to log in to do).
• Persistent cookies – these usually have an expiration date far into the future and thus stay in your browser until they expire, or until you manually delete them. An example of how we use persistent cookies is for functionalities like the ‘Stay logged in’ tick box. We also use persistent cookies to better understand usage patterns so we can improve the site for our customers. This information is anonymized – when we look at the data, in other words, we look at patterns, but we do not see individuals’ personally identified information (PII).
We use different kinds of cookies for various reasons outlined below. All cookie information is completely anonymized, meaning we do not see individuals’ PII.
There are also limited third-party cookies on the site. These cookies could be session or persistent and are set by entities other than Maintenancer. To ensure compliance with our policies, we restrict the use of third-party cookies to trusted Maintenancer.com partners. For example, we currently allow:
1. Essential cookies – these cookies are all first party cookies that are essential for the operation of our website. For example, some cookies allow us to identify existing clients and ensure they can access the specific offer pages.
2. Functional cookies – these cookies remember your log-in details if you have the ‘Stay logged in’ box ticked which makes it possible for registered users to return to the site without having to log in. Functional cookies also make sure the website looks consistent as well as allowing us to analyze site usage so we can measure and improve performance.
We use a functional cookie to remember your cookie preference from our ‘Cookie preference’ tool as well as to provide you with enhanced services like commenting.
In addition, we use functional cookies for Audience measurement and validation. We use services such as Google Analytics to understand how many people visit us and what is popular, which helps us improve the website. Additionally, we use tools like Quantcast and Comscore to validate our understanding of that information for advertising purposes.
When you register or log in to Maintenancer.com with credentials from social networks like Facebook, you authorize them to store a persistent cookie that will remember you and grant you access to our site every time you visit until it expires. You can delete that cookie (and revoke the access it grants) by updating your preferences with each respective social network. So if you no longer want to be able to log in through Facebook, you’ll need to update your settings at Facebook.
3. Advertising cookies – these cookies allow you to share pages with social networks should you wish to do so. They also enable us and our advertisers to serve you with relevant advertisements that may interest you through a practice often called OBA, or online behavioral advertising. They are sometimes referred to as ‘behaviourally targeted advertising cookies’ and track information such as which websites you visit and build a profile based on your interests. We however do not collect your personal or sensitive information.
There are also other limited third-party cookies on the site that fall into the ‘Advertising cookies’ category. These cookies could be session or persistent and are set by entities other than Maintenancer. To ensure compliance with our policies, we restrict the use of third-party cookies to trusted partners of Maintenancer. For example, we currently allow:
• Brightcove for our multimedia platform, Doubleclick (Google) for our advertising platform. Those teams set cookies in order to control frequency of advertising and to target advertising to the right section or geographic region;
Do any of the cookies that Maintenancer.com use contain my personal details?
No. All the data contained in the cookies that we use is completely anonymous and doesn’t contain any PII.
How can I change my preferences, delete or opt-out of cookies?
Deactivating cookies or limiting their usage can make certain websites unpractical, more difficult to browse or use. Simultaneously, the refusal to accept cookies does not mean you will not see/won’t be served with online advertising. You have the option to configure your internet browser so that it rejects cookies or so that it only accepts cookies from specific websites. On the downside, you won’t have access to specific functions, such as leaving comments, for example.
All modern browsers allow you the option to configure your cookie settings. You can usually find these settings in the „Options” or „Preferences” tab of your browser’s menu. To get a better understanding of the customization option you have for cookies, please review the following links, referring you to the Help section of some of today’s most popular web browsers:
• Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
• Cookie settings in Firefox
• Cookie settings in Chrome
• Cookie settings in Safari
In terms of third party cookies, please review the information found here: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/
Alternatively, whilst we are not responsible for the content of any external websites, we set out some websites below which may help if you wish to delete or opt-out of cookies.
If you want to delete or disable cookies, see: www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies
To opt out of cookies from Google: www.google.com/privacy/ads
To opt out of cookies from Quantcast: www.quantcast.com/how-we-do-it/consumer-choice/opt-out
To opt out of cookies from Bizo: www.bizo.com/businessProfessionals/opt_out
Will the site work if I disable cookies?
You can browse Maintenancer.com with cookies disabled, though some interactions may not work. For example, ticking the “Stay logged in” box at login will not actually keep you logged in to the site unless you have enabled cookies.
How long will cookies last for?
Why does the message explaining cookies keep appearing?
Who is our ‘Cookie Preference’ tool provider?
We have chosen to use Cookie Consent as our ‘cookie preference’ tool provider, utilising their ‘consent manager’ technology. to provide our users with an easy and transparent ‘cookie preference’ tool. Cookie Consent is a leading Data Privacy Management company which assesses, monitors, and certifies websites, mobile apps, cloud, and advertising channels in relation to data collection and usage practices. The company incorporates regulatory requirements and industry best practices.